Who would have thought that I enjoy eating plant-based. I made a roast yesterday in the crock pot (mostly for Grace) and didn't even want any. I did take a very small little taste to make sure it was done, but that was it. The family enjoyed it though. Over the course of the next several months I am going to try to make more meatless dinners and transition them into eating healthier without their knowledge. My children have the typical american diet and I feel bad eating healthy when they are still eating like crap.
One bad habit I have gotten back into is my morning cup of coffee. I use Silk in it now instead of Coffee Mate, but I really don't need it.
Yesterday my eating looked like this:
Coffee with Silk
Steel Cut Oats with 1/2 apple and a few raisins
Lunch:
Big, huge salad with Pear Vinegar
Dinner:
Carrots and potatoes cooked with the roast
Zumba
Snack: Half a Boca Burger in a wrap (threw it away because I just didn't want it.)
2 small whole wheat pitas with some hummus
1 comment:
I am so proud of you! I'm trying to switch my boys over too and most of the stuff I make, like last night's potato soup, they ate and enjoyed. My husband pretty much eats what I fix at dinner but I have no control of what he heats during the day.
Post a Comment